I was reading another blog recently and saw a similar post. I LOVED the idea and thought to myself I need something like this.
I will be 30 this October, and have so many things left on the “to do” list. I started wondering what was stopping me, and realized the answer was NOTHING!
My commitment to myself is to complete the items on this list before the end of my 30th year (so before Oct 2015).
1) Do a full on burpie – no modifications
2) Finish my Bachelors Degree / Write + Present my undergrad thesis
3) Climb a mountain (preferably Mount Lassen in CA, but any large mountain will do)
4) Visit my Canadian Family, for the first time in a long time
5) Take a road trip
6) Visit the “BIG 5” in Utah – Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, Arches, and Zion.
7) Say good bye to processed food at least 2 days a week consistently
8) Wear a 2 piece bathing suit
9) Go to Hawaii
10) Write my business plan for a dessert bar
11) Run a 5k
12) Pay it forward, more often
13) Say “yes” to everything for an entire day
Take a picture everyday for 100 days (in a row) Completed Nov. 2nd 2014
15) Finish my Latitude and Longitude tattoo
16) Ride an Elephant
17) Put a piece of Bubble Gum on the Market Theater Gum wall in Seattle
18) Go back to Boxing
19) Learn how to really use my camera
20) Find a job which truly satisfies the person I am and apply for it
21) Write a song
22) Get one of those cartoon pictures drawn of myself
23) Write my will
24) Spend an entire day in silence
25) Throw an “Un- Birthday” Party as Marie Antoinette time period Alice in Wonderland characters (bring on the powdered wigs)
26) Release lanterns into the sky
27) Go Zip Lining
28) Camp on the beach next to a bonfire
29) Meet a stranger and ask them what their “story” is Completed On Oct 27th 2014
30!) Set my last letter to my dad ablaze, put it in a bottle, and drop it in the ocean. Finally letting go.