These are by far my favorite brownies EVER! I love their spicy cinnamon undertone and the fudge texture! They are great for BBQ’s or dinner parties and I even use them to make some of my signature Snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30-35 mins
Rich chocolate brownies with lots of cinnamon!
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons sifted flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened dutch unprocessed)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter (12 tablespoons)
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate (Bakers, is the brand I use)
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups bakers ultra fine sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour (or cheat like me and use Pam for baking) a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- In a pan on the stove, heat on low till melted and combined (takes about 5 minutes): the butter and the unsweetened chocolate bar, then set aside to cool
- In a bowl sift and combine flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a separate glass bowl (or a stand mixer is what I recommend with the whisk or paddle attachments), combine sugar and eggs, vanilla and beat till you get a very fluffy texture (similar to egg whites – might take 5-8 minutes)
- Combine the cooled melted chocolate mixture with the flour/cocoa powder. It will be the consistency of tomato paste.
- Once the sugar/egg mixture is nice and fluffy (you can set it aside if needed but no longer than 2-3 minutes or it will flatten) then add in 4th’s the flour/cocoa paste mix.
- Continue stirring till fully incorporated and then add the chocolate chips and place in greased pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from pan.
- Let cool completely and then DEVOUR!